The Driving licence counterpart to be abolition
From 8 June 2015, the photocard licence counterpart will not be valid and will no longer be issued by DVLA
What this means to you
Photocard driving licence holders:
- When DVLA stops issuing the counterpart, you should destroy yours but you still need to keep your current photocard driving licence.
- You’ll still be able to use the counterpart driving licence to change your address with DVLA.You can also change your address online.
- Paper driving licence holders (those issued before 1998)
- These will remain valid, and should not be destroyed
- From 8 June 2015 endorsements/penalty points will no longer be recorded on these driving licences.